New Year's was fun. We hung out with friends...some old some new. Couldn't have asked for more.

Dylan and I took a trip to Fort Lauderdale last month. While it was snowing, icing and REALLY cold here in Texas, we figured it was the PERFECT time to escape to the 80 degree weather of Florida. We stayed in a really nice hotel with a great view. I layed out while Dylan had to work, it was quite enjoyable. We went to dinner with some old friends that now live in the area (Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Fl). After his meetings were over we had a day to play and decided to get a couples massage, which was GREAT! The we just hit the beach and the pool for the rest of the day. Then we headed to Miami to spend some more time with friends and watch the Mavs beat the Heat. Dylan's birthday was while we were in Florida so we did a little celebrating for that too.
Dinner with friends at The Boulevard in Hollywood, Florida

View from our room

Dylan playing catch on SouthBeach

Dylan and I in the hotel lobby bar.

Dylan and I eating dinner at The Forge in Miami. Our friend Robert got us a little birthday surprise.

Our birthday dessert.

Dylan and I at the Mavs Heat game in Miami

Halftime at the Mavs vs. Heat basketball game with more friends.

My heel broke at Sky Bar in South Beach. I was just walking along and thought I stepped in a hole...umm, I wish that were the case, my heel just fell off my shoe. Thank goodness I was wearing long pants!
After Florida we were back to reality, then my birthday came along. Dylan took me to dinner at The Melting Pot, which is a fondue restaurant. The food was great and the atmosphere was even better. I had dinner at my Mom's house one night for my birthday and Tross lost a tooth.

On the last day of the month, as we were reflecting on what a great month we had...this happened. But thankfully Dylan has learned his lesson and promises to never talk back to me again.
So maybe he just ran into a pole, but my story sounds better. ;o)
2 comments:
You had a fun start to the new year!
When you broke your heel did you take your shoes off or walk around tip-toeing on one foot? I hope you walked around with your shoes on acting like you still had a heal. Just imagining it makes me giggle.
I'm glad Dylan learned his lesson.
Yes, Jamie I walked around on my tip toe the rest of the night. At least I got a calf work out, who cares if my legs are uneven now! I had to keep the shoe on cause I didn't have anywhere else to put it.
Post a Comment