Monday, August 04, 2008

FINALLY!

Trying to get everything put away and getting the house back in order has taken almost all my time. Before we got married we didn't have the money to get things for the house but we had time to do it. Now we have TONS of stuff, and can't find the time to get it all done.

Dylan hung a couple shelves and a medicine cabinet in the master bathroom yesterday. We also lugged LOTS of stuff up to the attic, which is ALWAYS fun in 107 degree weather. Thankfully Dylan was the one in the attic and I was just handing things up.

We went to IKEA this weekend and bought all the office furniture...desk, cabinets, shelves, and chair. Now I just have to paint the room which I will hopefully start this week, then we have to assemble all the furniture so the office will hopefully be done sometime this month. Its been our junk room since we moved in so it will be nice to actually let people see that room when it gets finished. It was either office furniture or a golf club. I won.

We have most of the bedding so I need to get the new bedding on the bed and the old bedding will be retired to the spare room. The spare room was kind of hodge podged so it will be nice to have it all in one color/theme.

The living room is still bare on one side. We picked out the chair that will go there, which is a step...we will see when we actually buy it.

The kitchen is pretty much put together with all the new dishes and appliances. The old stuff that wasn't chipped and broken was boxed up and put in the attic. One day when Dylan and I hit the lottery, we will use the old stuff for our second home somewhere. Wishful thinking but I just didn't want to get rid of everything just yet. I figure we will donate it if we don't end up using it somewhere else.

Dylan has also used his new lawn mower twice and cleans it after every use.

He also picked up his new blower yesterday from Sears. Last week he got a shovel, wall cabinet, and some hooks. He still has to put together the grill and some other things he got. Hopefully he will get to that stuff next weekend.

We went to Sunday School yesterday. We go to a class called Union. Its about 10-15 young married or engaged couples. It was our first time to class since we got married. They did this "Tea Ceremony" where the different parts of the tea pot meant different things and then there were tea bags with different sayings that explained different parts of marriage. It was really neat to hear how each of the different aspects of the tea pot will apply to our marriage. I figure as long as Dylan just does everything I tell him to do we will be fine! Although I don't think he agrees.

Promise I will get the pics posted this week. The professional pics should be ready in the next 2-4 weeks. I hope its closer to 2!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think we should have a bridal shower at least every ten years. I'm ready for new stuff.

Settle something:
The picture of you and Dylan in the ocean that your dad has on his web album was NOT taken on your wedding day, right? I see the yellow hotel bracelets and I don't remember you getting in the water.

BubbaBack said...

No, it wasn't taken on the wedding day. We did it the next morning. I realized I still had the bracelet on after the pictures but they will air brush those out.

Speaking of pics...Do you have any good ones? Can you share them on snapfish or picasa or something? Pretty Please?