All that was just a build up to say that we finally went to the Rodeo! The rodeo happens to be at the Will Rogers Coliseum and there are about 5 museums all in the same area within walking distance, including The Cowgirl Hall of Fame, Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, and The Children's Museum. All, of which we have never taken Tatum.
With the Rodeo tickets you get free admission to these museums so we decided to make a day of it. We took Tatum to the Children's Museum and she loved every second of it!
She wouldn't run into the mouth. She would go in the side opening (where Dylan is) and run out but there was no way she was walking into the mouth from the front!
Dylan wanted to get in on the fun and find out from Dr. Giraffe how tall he was.
She walked right up to the snake and said "ssssssssssssss".
She loved pushing the cart, she didn't really get that you put food in it.
She really liked the Turtle. She would come back to it after each thing she looked at. She was pretty amazed and probably confused as to why it was in a glass bubble.
Dylan wanted to get in on the fun and find out from Dr. Giraffe how tall he was.
She walked right up to the snake and said "ssssssssssssss".
She loved pushing the cart, she didn't really get that you put food in it.
She really liked the Turtle. She would come back to it after each thing she looked at. She was pretty amazed and probably confused as to why it was in a glass bubble.
I had a photography class at 1 so we headed home and I went to my class while Tatum took a nap and rested from all the excitement of the morning.
Then it was rodeo time. Since we had never been, I wanted to be sure we went early so we could take in the full experience. Tatum got to go through the petting zoo, which she LOVED, I got to check out the EXPO, while Dylan drank a beer and my poor Mom had to deal with Tatum because when Mom's around Tatum will have nothing of anyone else.
Vicki and the boys met us there for the rodeo. My only concern was the timing. It started at 7:30pm and Tatum's bed time is 8. The rodeo was 2 hours long but she did GREAT! I was shocked how well she did and how entertained she was by it all, mainly Tross, Mom, and Tyler, but whatever kept her in a good mood and happy, I was all for. Even when I look over to see them feeding her cotton candy at 9pm!!! Oh well, life goes on, right!
Getting ready to go to the Rodeo!
Her first cowgirl hat...Jamie, does this look familiar???
Anxiously awaiting her turn in the petting zoo.
Tatum LOVED the petting zoo, she just stood there and pet the goats. Dylan was standing back for a while until I saw her pulling the goats horns and I told him to PLEASE get closer in case things went awry! I pulled the pregnancy card and said I didn't think it was a good idea for me to be in the pen since there were E-coli warnings all over the place. ;o) When it was time to go, she sat down and threw a fit, she did NOT want to go.
Funny looking duck
Believe it or not, there was a method to this madness.
Bronco Riding
A little rodeo entertainment
Calf Roping
My little angel watching the show
Some more rodeo entertainment
Barrel Racing
Chuck Wagon Racing
Bull Riding
This bull did NOT want to leave the ring.
Her first cowgirl hat...Jamie, does this look familiar???
Anxiously awaiting her turn in the petting zoo.
Tatum LOVED the petting zoo, she just stood there and pet the goats. Dylan was standing back for a while until I saw her pulling the goats horns and I told him to PLEASE get closer in case things went awry! I pulled the pregnancy card and said I didn't think it was a good idea for me to be in the pen since there were E-coli warnings all over the place. ;o) When it was time to go, she sat down and threw a fit, she did NOT want to go.
Funny looking duck
Believe it or not, there was a method to this madness.
Bronco Riding
A little rodeo entertainment
Calf Roping
My little angel watching the show
Some more rodeo entertainment
Barrel Racing
Chuck Wagon Racing
Bull Riding
This bull did NOT want to leave the ring.




















2 comments:
What fun...but you should know we are FWSM member if you ever want to go back. We can get 5 total people regardless of age in...let me know.
She's cute in her pink hat. You guys dressed me up in a pink hat and every pink bandana for sale in tx then put me on a plane to ohio. And how old was I? 12? I hope those pictures don't resurface. I went to a rodeo while I was there too. And ate at one of your million steak houses. Good times.
Post a Comment