Friday, February 18, 2011

Perfect Zoo Day

Tatum and I took Playa to the vet today, third time in three weeks.  Her eye has an abrasion on it so its pretty painful and we are hoping it gets better soon.  Yorkie's are notorious for bad eyes.  Dylan wanted to just put her down after the bill for the first appointment.  He thinks it will just be cheaper.  While I agree with that part, Tatum would be too upset so we decided to keep Playa around for a little longer. 

After the vet we pulled in the driveway and I decided it was just too perfect of a day not to get out so I took Playa inside, grabbed a few snacks and off we went to the zoo.  We got there about 5 minutes before they opened so it was perfect timing, no crowds and not too hot. 

The weather has been BEAUTIFUL the last week.  After our snow days, I guess Mother Nature decided we needed to be rewarded.  Its been sunny and in the high 60's and 70's.  We have spent lots of time outside.
Tatum hugging Daddy after the zoo. It looks more like she is trying to break his neck.

Tatum on the train at the zoo

Lounging Lions

Tatum, checking out the "Gaff's"...Translation: Giraffe's

She really enjoyed watching the monkeys.  They were very active, chasing each other around.

No comments: