Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Viva Las Vegas!!!

My uncle came in town the night we got back from Sea World.  We had a good time hanging out, catching up, and celebrating my cousin Taylor's high school graduation. 

Friday we took the kids to Parent's Night Out at Tatum's Pre-School.  We had dinner with Casey, Becca, Nicole, and Cody.  After dinner we headed over to Cody and Nicole's.  She is due any day so it was fun catching up and seeing Hogan's nursery.

Saturday morning we got up early and got on the road.  The kids were going to spend a few days with Gam-E and G-Pop while we took off for Vegas.

We met half way, made the switch, sped home, and headed to the airport.  We had a great time, ate good food, enjoyed some fun in the sun, caught a few great shows, and walked around...a lot!

We didn't waste anytime.  We flew in at 5:30 and had dinner reservations at 7, then a show at 9:30!


Our first night (Saturday)...

Heading to dinner at Il Mulino's in Cesar's Palace, after dinner we caught Mystere, a Cirque du Soleil Show.  It was great and such a fun way to start our trip!  I've been to Vegas 4 times before but had never once seen a show.  After the show we were walking back and stumbled on the Sirens of TI.  It's the Pirate Show outside Treasure Island.  Let me just say, we wasted 15 minutes of our life there, but hey...at least we know this for the next time.  NOT recommended!

Pool Time!  
We spent a lot of time poolside and I loved every second of it.  It was in the 90's the whole time we were there but with the dry air and a little breeze, it was really nice.  This is me and Amber reading our books enjoying the peace and quiet.  

Sunday, after lounging all day, we headed over to Paris for dinner and then on to Jersey Boys.  The show was seriously awesome!  So entertaining!  Even Dylan said he was surprised how into it he was, being a musical with a bunch of men dancing around.  "Oh, What a Night..."  Highly Recommended!

After the show we decided to check out The Fremont Street Experience.  Dylan had never been so I thought it would be something fun and low-key to end the night.  The light show was a Queen Tribute.  I've seen better shows but it was still cool to see it and all the crazy people down there!

 For those Vegas virgins, Fremont Street is just the old school Vegas casinos.  The big fancy hotels you see on the strip isn't how Vegas used to be.  Not that I was around to see for myself but, Fremont Street has more flashy lights, vs. skyscraper/fancy hotels.


On our way back to the hotel after Fremont Street, we stopped at The Cosmopolitan on the strip.  It;s the newest hotel and definitely where all the pretty people stay.  They have a really cool bar called The Chandelier Room.  If you ever go to Vegas, it's worth a look.  We had a drink there.  Cool Place.  As we were walking out this shoe was in the lobby.  Dylan couldn't figure out how to put it on, but he tried.  The best part of this picture are the three girls in the back ground looking at him.  Everyone thought he was pretty funny.

Me...Posing...Dylan's idea, not mine.  I think he just wanted me to do it because he wanted to!  We clearly have no shame. 

Monday we did more lounging around.  Dylan and I even got up early and worked out in the hotel gym.  Who works out in Vegas?!?!?!?  We do!  Weird, I know.   Dylan had a dinner Monday night so Amber and I went to dinner at some horrible place in Cesar's Palace that served Mexican food.  Then we walked back and caught the Fountain Show at Bellagio.  I've seen it every time I've been to Vegas and love it just the same every time.

I slept GREAT while we were there, I got to sleep in, which is foreign.  Let's put "sleeping in" into perspective here, what I really mean is, I got to lay in bed, uninterrupted until 9.  It was NICE!

Tuesday the Dylan had meetings all day so I went to the gym, then back to the pool to read some more.  Our flight was around 6 so after Dylan's meeting we had to say good bye.  

This was definitely a different kind of Vegas trip than I have participated in in the past, but it was my favorite trip so far, great shows, great food, a few drinks, spending time with Dylan, lots of reading, sun, and pool time, and the best part...no hang overs!





No comments: