I remember when I thought my kids would NEVER be old enough to go to school. I'm proud to say we both made it through her first year of elementary school. It was quite a successful year, in my opinion. Although I may be a little biased.
Before she started in August at the age of 4...we were considering holding her back. Solely because her age, she was ready academically. So ready, we later found out, that she spent the second semester of the school year going to 1st grade for reading and went to Math Lab for math. Math Lab is where they send the kids that have "mastered" the skills currently being taught in class, so they go to the library and do independent learning.
I loved volunteering and meeting all her friends and getting to know her teacher, Mrs. Williky better. It was a great first experience for both of us being the rookies we were!
This girl is a ROCK STAR! I never once had to ask her to do her homework. She would get it out the second we got home from school on Mondays and do it herself. She reads Druz and I bedtime stories some nights. She has the kindest heart and is so very nurturing to everyone. Always my big helper and the best big sister anyone could ask for! I love her from the hair on her head to the bottom of her feet and that little soul she is growing inside, couldn't make me prouder!
I love you Tatum and am over-joyed at what an awesome year you've had!
A couple of the moms and I helped the class get dressed in their "gowns". AKA Dads white dress shirts.
Getting ready to hit the stage.
Brynley, Addie, and Tatum
Getting her diploma from Dr. Griffin, her principal
Making her walk across the stage cafeteria.
Our picture with the graduate!
Tatum and her teacher, Mrs. Williky
All 3 kinder classes ready for their performance
Don't let that sweet smile fool you! She was a holy terror during the ceremony. Dylan and I were constantly trading off. I spilled my coffee twice on the people behind me and was sweating about 5 minutes into the 45 minute ceremony. This girl is always on the move and keeps us on high alert at all times! Love her little spirit, even when I want to pull my hair out!





No comments:
Post a Comment