Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday

I'm not sure where to begin. I now see why they call it Black Friday. I woke up this morning and it was black outside and if I look at my bank account right now, it will probably look like the black hole!

OK, so my day started at 4:30am. I wasn't happy. I laid back down after my mom attempted to wake me up but it didn't seem to work, before long I was rolling out of bed, putting on my clothes and a hat then brushed my teeth and was out the door. If I was smart I would have thought to sleep in my clothes so I woudn't have to bother with it that early in the morning but that is neither here nor there.

As we are on the highway heading to our first destination (We already had a plan of attack) I asked, "So are these places really that crowded and are the deals really that great." As my mother tells me "no" I wonder what I'm doing up at that time in the morning. So we pull up to Best Buy, I can tell you this...we were NOT the only dummies up at 4:30am. The line was wrapped all the way around to the back of the building where the loading docks are, and for those of you who have been to a Best Buy at least once in your lifetime (which should be all of you unless you live in a cave) you know good and well Best Buy is not a small store. We all filed in like a bunch of people running for the holy land. It was amazing. The pushing and shoving and just blatant rudeness made me want to just kill some of these people. But I kept my cool. Got what I needed and was out in a jiffy. Ok, one store down and 10 more to go. We moved on to different stores getting what we scoped out in the ads yesterday dealing with all the rude pushy people all day long. It was enough to drive me to drink. And I mean that literally. At around 2pm (about 9 hours after our first store) we pulled into the Esparza's parking lot. We both ordered much deserved swirls and just relaxed. As we were both about to fall asleep in the booth, we decided we better head home. First we made a pit stop at Blockbuster so we could fall asleep on the couch while we acted like we were watching movies. All in all it was a very challenging but successful day. I finished 75% of my shopping and will be stress free till Decmeber 23 when I have to finish the other 25%. ;o) Needless to say I will NEVER do Black Friday shopping like that again, although I successfully completed my mission, I finished the day ready to beat or mame the next person who bumped into me.

So on to the dog. Guess what... I'm going to be a mommy!!! (Don't worry Dad its not what you think.) Dylan has decided to ignore my thoughts and bring home the dog. He called while I was at the mall (in the middle of pushing some old lady down because she grabbed the last DVD player that was on sale) ok not really but he did call when I was at the mall. He was at the vets office and said the vet told him the dog is now rid of the fleas (never heard of a 24 hour flea problem but whatever) and the worms are easy to deal with. He just has to take some pills or a shot or something like that. He also told Dylan that the dog was full chocolate lab or pretty close to it. What does pretty close to it mean??? Could you imagine if you were in the hospital bed giving birth and the doctor says, "yep, your a mom of a white baby, or at least pretty close to it." But I just tried to put it in perspective, it is just a dog, right??? I do have to say, I have a hard time believing somebody just dumped a full bred chocolate lab on the steps of a pet store but I'll let him be naive and believe what the doctor said. So he finishes telling me all this and then asks if I'm upset or mad. Of course being the perfect girlfriend that I am ;o), I tell him no, thats just peachy!!! Then he drops the bomb. "Well, Southwest Airlines (which is how he got to Tulsa) does not allow animals on their flights. I tried to call rental car places and they are like $100, so can you meet me half way???" I swear I thought he just asked me to meet him halfway between Dallas and Tulsa, but I just knew he could be that crazy. Oh but he is. (If he can't afford $100 for a rental car, how in the hell is he going to afford this dog??? These re just my thoughts at the time.) I wasn't exaclty sure what to say, other than oh well, guess the dog stays in Tulsa. And to sugar coat the situation he says, " I just want you to know that I'm waiting to get back so you can name the dog." Well, nice one Dylan. At least he knows me well enough to know I would fall for that like a retard walking into a glass door. He swears its the cutest thing ever but is out of network so he can't send me a picture, another great one. He wasn't supposed to be back till sunday but since he suckered me into meeting him half way, I told him I was not about to drive that far on sunday when I had to work the next day. So, the moral of the story is that I am meeting Dylan halfway (probably near OKC, 3 hours away) tomorrow sometime, to meet the new family member. If the dog turns out to be ugly, I hope that one of you who ae enjoying this story will be ready to find a cute little dog with fleas and woms on your front porch!

I'll send pics when I finally get to see this dog. Oh ya, I dont even know that sex of the dog, how am I going to name it???

The rita was the high point of my day, thanks Mom!!!

No comments: