Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Day

So, I listen to KISS FM in the morning on my way to work and they are always talking about blogs. I never knew where to get one and never really took the time to ask...But I talked to my Dad today and he said he started one. Ok, he is 56 or 57 (Sorry Dad) and I'm 25. How does he know more about this stuff than me. Anyways, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Today is Thanksgiving and the first thing I saw this morning when I woke up was the front page of the Fort Worth Star Telegram. On the cover (Yes, the very front page) was the announcment of Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey splitting up. I mean really, who would have thought and to start my morning like that, I just knew my day was ruined.

Five minutes later I was over it and moving on to the ads. I've never done the day after Thanksgiving shopping thing. I always thought it was a little crazy but I think I'm going to go for it this year. I've already got my list ready to go. Getting me out of bed in the morning will be a different story. I'll keep you posted.

The big news of the night was when Dylan called (He is in Tulsa with his family) and said he has a "treat" for me. I was kind of excited till he informs me its a dog... Hold on, let me finish... He tells me how he is going to bring it home. Well isn't that just great. I mean he has wanted a dog for a while but I just think its kind of cruel to have one in a small apartment. I proceeded to ask about the dog, the normal questions like, what kind??? He doesn't know what it is he tells me. A chocolate something, its mixed. So all I know is that he wants to bring home a dog that is a mut (which I'm cool with) but he doesn't know how big it will be oh and the best part, it has fleas and worms!!! Yes, you read it correctly fleas and worms. He wanted to leave that part out but I think his mom told him it was a much needed bit of information. So needless to say, I expressed my honest opinion and told him it was not a great idea, but ultimately his decision. Hopefully he does realize that means NO. He plans to take it to the vet tomorrow and see what kind of dog it is and what needs to be done with the worms and fleas. He said he will let me know tomorrow what the vet says. I guess his sister found it in a closed tub in front of a pet store and felt compelled to bring it home. (I'll talk to her about that later ;o)) Anywho, I just don't think its good timing with christmas coming and we have planned trips we are going on. I'm not sure who he thinks will watch the dog. They don't just feed themselves. In his defense, it would be nice to have a puppy, but hopefully he doesn't read this before he comes home. Once he is home he can't go back and get the dog. But hey, for all I know I'll be picking up him and the dog on sunday.

Well, thats about all for tonight. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I missed you today Dad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,

Good idea about this blog to keep in touch---Cracked up about the whole dog situation almost peed my pants...I can just picture it so vividly how it all went down...ok gotta get ready for work. write more later---V

Bob said...

I miss you also.

I'm 57. When you get this old you'll know more than a lot of people. My Dad is 88 and he knows more than I do.

I hope you get me something big and expensive while shopping today.

Anonymous said...

Me to Bob I want somethink big and expensive. I don't care what as long as it isn't a DOG!!!

Jamie said...

Welcome to blogland Bubba! You must be getting old. Your surprises went from Prada bags to dogs.