Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I haven't written in a while. Let me start from where I left off...

This is us before leaving for The Byron...


This is from Monica's shower (same day as the Byron) the weekend before Dad came in town.



My Dad was in town a couple weeks ago, we had a great time. Vicki and I shopped while Dad and the boys played games (now that is what I'm talking about). We ate at Esparza's, rented movies, went to Main Street Days, and anything else those little brats wanted to do. The boys stayed with me all weekend and that is always an adventure so we had a good time.


My mom was in Costa Rica for a week, last week. She seemed to have a great time and really enjoy the different culture. Her pool wasn't working right, so I went over and tried to fix it...haha. Thats funny isn't it! Well, when she came back it still wasn't working. Hey, I TRIED!

This last weekend was Memorial Day weekend, as I'm sure most of you know. There was a lot going on but I still managed to get some things done around the house. Carmen was spade (sp?)friday morning and Dylan was not doing well with it. He called every 30 minutes asking me to call the vet to be sure she is ok. I guess when he dropped her off in the morning she was pretty freaked out so he had to take her back to the cage himself. He said he got a little teary eyed. He was acting like HE was the one about to get fixed. Anyways, I called a few times but she hadn't had the procedure yet so I just looked like the psycho dog owner that they hope never comes back. Dylan picked her up saturday morning around 10. I guess they called and said she wasn't doing so hot and being kind of harsh, whatever that means. What do they expect, they just snipped her womanhood! She is still a little sketchy around people she doesn't know and I think she always will be. She is even worse when she goes to the vet, you'd think being a vet they would know how to handle that. Anyways, she wouldn't come out of her cage at all so when Dylan got there he had to go get her out and let her know everything was going to be ok. She was pretty down all day saturday and had taken one of her staples out before she even got home. They just stapled her up and didn't stitch her up. I'm a bit upset about that. It doesn't seem to be closing/healing. It just seems like her insides are going to fall out any minute. If anyone can give me some reassurance on that I would appreciate it, otherwise I'm taking her to the emergency vet tonight or tomorrow. I just don't like how it looks. She is back to her old self, energy wise, but the cut itself is just not pretty.


As all this was happening at the vets, I was with my girlfriends having a few drinks on the patio at Primo's. It was a really nice day, a bit too hot to be sitting in the sun. Either way, I had a great time hanging out with the girls. After that I just went home and tried to finish up the laundry I started on friday.


I got up early on sunday, went to church with Dylan and then we headed to the lake for some fun. The sun wasn't shining too bright when we got there but it came out eventually. I got lots of sun, probably too much but had a great time. We were on Grapevine Lake but of course we discussed the aligator that was found in Lake Lewisville which is about 10 minutes from where we were. We all survived without being eaten by aligators so it was a good day. After the lake we went to a friends house and watched the Mav's beat the Suns while lounging around in the hot tub. Very Nice. Go MAVS!



I have become a Mav's fan. It wasn't on purpose. I went to happy hour with a girlfriend and the game was on, it sucked me in! Yes, I'm probably just a fair-weather fan but I'm currently a fan, which is all that matters. I watched game 2 at a bar last week with a friend and the energy and the craziness just forces you to get in the game. The whole bar was yelling and screaming and people were running around with Mav's flags. We lost the game but it was a REALLY close game as I'm sure you all saw!

OK, back to my weekend. After the game on sunday night, I came home and did some more laundry then went to bed, yes, I know, very exciting!

Monday was the day I got so much stuff done! I hung some shelves, sconces, and pictures. The place actually looks lived in. And when I say "I", I mean Dylan. We went to the grocery for the first time and got food, of course, but we also got the small things that you forget about... light bulbs, sunscreen (a bit late), a bed for Carmen, candles, and more. After that I finished off the 10th load of laundry. Since I didn't have a dryer that worked I wasn't able to do laundry for a while. Catching up on it was no fun at all. Here is a picture of the only room in the house that is finished. But hey, its an important one!


I'm getting my hair done today, which is way overdue. I'm going out of town this weekend to Padre for a bachelorette party. Leaving thursday and coming back sunday. I'm so excited! Heading to Florida next wednesday for some Disney World action and will get to see Dad for a couple days. I have some really short weeks of work coming up, which makes coming to work much easier!

I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend and remembered what it was all about.

No comments: