So today the temperature dropped to 30 degrees and is now currently snowing. I guess that's what I get for bragging about the great weather we were having. The drive to work tomorrow morning will be interesting.
Today I had to get gas on my way to work. I pull up put my card then attempt to open my gas tank. You have to push it in and then it just pops out. At least that's the way its supposed to work. So I'm pushing and nothing is happening. Its about 45 degrees so I'm not really happy at this point. After 10 minutes and turning my key 50 different ways in the ignition, I'm late for work and panicking. More about the fact that I have to deal with this in the cold than that I'm late for work.
I call my boss and explain that I can't get my gas tank open and don't have enough gas to get to work. I'm sure he believed that! I change pumps. Not sure why I thought that would magically make it open. Still nothing. I'm pushing hard and soft and banging and UGH! I SWEAR its the car, but just in case I decide to get out my User's Manual from the trunk. I have had my car since September and never once had this problem.
Well, apparently the gas tank is connected to the door locks in the car. When I got in the car to leave the house I locked the doors then when I got out to get gas I only unlocked the driver side door, I made the mistake of not pushing the unlock button. I really think whoever made the decision to connect the gas tank to the door locks wasn't really thinking clearly. I mean if one door is unlocked, isn't that enough? Needless to say I was about 45 minutes late and the gas station clerk now knows me as the dumb blonde who can't open her gas tank. I guess I've been called worse, but I definitely had a dumb blonde moment.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
For some reason the road sign "Dip" comes to mind.
Post a Comment