***Disclaimer...if you don't want to join in on my pity party then please skip this post. ;o)
I try to post the good things in life. One day when I look back at my blog as our family's scrapbook, I want to remember the good times, not the crappy days when I just want to go back to bed and wake up again and hope that my day goes differently.
Obviously life isn't always perfect so, this is just to remind myself to be grateful for all the perfectly imperfect days and know that tomorrow we will face new challenges, some fun some exhausting, some expected and some unexpected. But ultimately it's in God's hands so just grin and bear it because eventually...this too shall pass, right???
Sometimes I take things day by day and other times its minute by minute. These last couple weeks have been more like millisecond by millisecond.
Having two kids is starting to be more of a daily challenge and balancing act. I'm trying to do all the same things I did before and then some and I'm realizing that it's just not going to be as easy or the same as before. Working out, hanging out with friends, play dates, naps, church, dates with my husband, cleaning the house, cooking, laundry, swim lessons, gymnastics, junior league...the list goes on.
I remember when I had Tatum everyone told me to kiss my sleep goodbye. After I had her I thought, "What on earth were those people talking about???" My little precious baby girl was sleeping through the night by 6-8 weeks. I think I finally realize what they meant. Druz Druz Druz...as much as I love this kid...his sweet smiles and cuddly coos and laughs...he has decided to stop sleeping at night. In the last 2 weeks I've been lucky to get 4 hours at a time and its mostly been 2 or 3. Then Tatum got some kind of virus last week and was running a 102 fever for 3 days AND decided to stop napping for a few days as well. Up all night and sick, crying, cranky babies during the day makes for a very overwhelmed mommy. I can't even nap during the day because they aren't napping at the same time. One is up while the other is sleeping and vice versa. And I dream of coffee and do drink it most mornings but know that the result is spit-up all over me so its a catch-22. Do I want to function or be covered in spit up?
Tatum's school has been out for the last two weeks as well so I haven't had that to fall back on.
I have seriously considered going back to work numerous times in the last week but then realize that that won't solve anything, I'd be even more tired, having to get up early and get the kids and myself ready for the day ahead.
I know things will get better but sometimes its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you are sleep walking most of your day.
I LOVE being a Mom, even with all the ups and downs...I've just had a few more downs this week so I'm hoping that means next week will be lots of ups to make up for it!
Ahhhhhh...kind of feels good to get that out. Now, I can move forward.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know you should ask your neighbors to help you watch the kids more often....even if it is just for a break! :-) plus we may not be neighbors that long anymore....ha ha ha like one of us may sale our house!
Post a Comment