Wednesday, December 07, 2011

WATCH THE THRONE

Dylan surprised me with tickets to the Jay-Z/Kanye West concert.  I was PUMPED!

Mom came over and stayed with the kids while Dylan and I took off for a night out. 

Can I just say that no matter what you think of these guys...this show was AMAZING.  Can I also just say that we sat so close I think I got a drop of Kanye's sweat on me...Gross, yes, but nonetheless true.

We got home around 1am.  I was tired but enjoyed every second of the evening. 

 Jay-Z...or as I like to call him...Jay

Kanye...His leather skirt threw me off but hey...to each his own, right???
No zoom on this picture.  We were in the 5th row. AH...MAZE...ING.

Compliments of Lindsey...I thought it was a GREAT picture!

The concert had a start time of 7:30 but we heard they didn't come on until after 9 from reviews online.  Dylan had a friend that was going to the concert and he happened to live walking distance to the arena so we hung out there for a bit before the show. 

When I was getting ready, I just kept thinking...Do I look like I'm going to a parent/teacher conference or a Hip-Hop Concert???  I did my best to fit in.  The crowd was VERY diverse in age and ethnicity so I don't think I stood out but I doubt I looked "hip".  The fact that I just used that word probably says it all anyways.  ;o)

Sometimes I feel like every "cool" bone has evaporated from my body.  ;o)

I have to mention the fact that Dylan said I was going to run into a specific person at the concert.  He apparently saw on facebook that this person was going to be there.  I was like, ya ok, whatever.  With 20 thousand people there, there was no way.  Well, I guess the Gods decided I was going to be wrong because we hadn't even made it into the Arena, we were standing in the Will Call line with 100 other people and sure enough, this person walks up and says...HEY, WHATS UP?!?!? 

Really???  Really???  Dylan and I just laughed for about an hour after that.

No comments: