Sunday, May 06, 2012

Busy First Week

The first week (March 24-31) with Mom was busy!  I tried to get organized and attempted to keep some type of routine for the kids.  They are now sharing a room, which is interesting but they are making the best of it and its surprisingly going well.

Sleepy baby, couldn't even wait for dinner

Tatum got two fish, she named them Friend and Rosa.  Friend took a trip within 24 hours of arriving but she has returned and all is well.  She said she enjoyed her vacation.  Rosa was struggling for a while and we thought we were going to lose her shortly after Friend but as Dylan put it, she "Rosa from the dead."  Apparently over-feeding can be deadly and after a good bowl cleaning Rosa decided it wasn't quite her time yet.   I'm not sure how my children have survived as long as they have.  I couldn't even handle two fish for 24 hours.

We took lots of walks.  The dogs seemed quite anxious so we had to run them around often

Tross hung out with us and took a walk with us one day.

We volunteered with our church at an elementary school that needed some help in Fort Worth.  We pulled lots of weeds in the flower beds, but there were lots of others there helping with building picnic tables, painting everything from the parking lot lines to the bathrooms, and so much more.  Unfortunately while we pulled the weeds, this little guy lost his home.

We brought Tatum.  One of our goals for 2012 is to take Tatum with us when we volunteer.  She did pretty good.  Her focus lasted about 20 minutes but she helped, which is what matters.

Taking a little lunch break from all our hard work.

Hard work is always rewarded in the end.  Time to play!

Another walk, she loves her brother.  She had to hold his hands the whole time.

I'm still taking the kids to their school in Fort Worth.  Since we are about 25 minutes away I'm only taking them once a week.  I have to get in all my Fort Worth hot spots the one day we are in the area so after school I took them to the zoo, Tatum's absolute favorite place!

Lonely Gorilla

 We had dinner at Rio Mambo in Grapevine.  We were still trying to get organized and cooking was not even a thought in my head.

No comments: