I volunteered this evening for the Tarrant Area Food Bank. Wednesday nights they do Backpack for Kids. I've probably mentioned this before in a previous blog but it is still a eye opening experience everytime I go. We just stuff bags with all kinds of food and drinks to get these kids through the weekends. To think that so many children in FWISD need to be given back packs full of food for the weekend...because the only real meals they get are they ones provided at school. Makes me thankful and blessed for what we have...like being able to have a picnic at the park with my kids and plenty of food in the pantry to bring with us.
This is what happens when you show up to a warehouse to work and are wearing open toe sandals. They made me put on these crocs...God only knows what or who have worn them...all for the cause, right?
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment