Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My girl is SMART!

Call me what you want.

Tatum is doing so well in school.  I really hope she keeps it up.  I realize this isn't indicative of the rest of her school years, necessarily, but I have to give her credit and praise while she is kicking butt.  She is the youngest in her class and one of only two kids that are in a higher level of books.  She can write her first and last name as well as Druz name and Dylan's name.  She is sounding out words and really motivated to learn and write.

We are working on her sight words at home and she is doing great with the books her teacher gives her as well as her numbers and writing.  I really couldn't be more proud.

We had considered holding her back since her birthday is three days from the cut off but with her excelling the way she is, it's a little hard to justify holding her back.  Her teacher says she is ready socially as well as academically and that she could survive kindergarten now if she were there.

We are now considering putting her in some sort of dual language program so she can learn spanish.  I'm all for it, except I don't know spanish so I'm either going to have to learn or always wonder if she is cursing at me when she speaks it.  Hmmmm.

Being a parent is hard, even when the kids are young.  So many decisions and you're always thinking...Am I messing my kid up???

So for now...Go Tatum, we are so very proud of you!

No comments: