Friday, March 16, 2007

Life sends all kinds of lessons our way. Taking little things for granted is one lesson that I am often reminded of. The last week I have had quite a few of those moments when you just stop and think, what if or WHY? I know its not good to live your life with what if's but sometimes you just can't help it.

My cousin was in a life altering accident and the things that I thought about and the feelings I had really were something I can't explain. Why is it that bad things happen to great people? Does God really only give you as much as you can handle? How does he know when enough is enough?

I have been in contact, this week, with my best friend from Indiana after 10 years. Its such an awesome feeling to catch up with people from the past. But hearing some of the things she and her family have endured in those 10 years is just heart breaking. She is doing great and is very happy but the last 10 years of her life haven't been all smiles and sunshine.

I'm pretty embarrassed to say that I thought my life had been hard at times but putting it all into perspective, I have no idea what "hard" really is.

I doubt any of my questions above will be answered. I'm such a literal person that I need try to find a real reason why these things happen. Most of the time I don't figure it out, I'm not sure I ever have and I probably never will, but this is a quote I found today that may help in those situations where reason just doesn't have anything to do with it.

"Time heals what reason cannot."

1 comment:

Bob said...

Life is not fair and bad things happen to good people. I stopped trying to figure it out years ago when I put myself in situations that were just dumb. And I too am very lucky considering some of the things I've done and places I've been. When I've seen bad things happen, sometimes I thought to myself, why not me? I don't have an answer so now that I'm a bit older, I try to do right by everyone. Life is too short not too.