Well, it happened. Carmen got pepper sprayed by the postman. She isn't friendly with strangers. If you step in our yard and she doesn't know you she will run at you barking. She doesn't growl or snap, but I think the running at you part is what freaks people out. Its just a scare tactic. She will do the same thing to cats and then when she gets close she just stands there like, "Hey, you were supposed to run." I think she just likes to chase things.
Either way, Dylan was taking out the trash on Saturday and Carmen ran to the front yard. Dylan heard barking so he was calling her name, when he got to the front yard, the postman had dropped all his mail and Carmen was rolling around on the ground. Dylan grabbed Carmen and brought her inside. Once inside he realized that her eyes were really red and she kept rubbing them. So Dylan goes outside to find the postman. He walks up to him and asks if he hit her, the postman said no and was visibly shaken, he then pulls out the can of pepper spray and said he used that. Dylan said he understood why he used it and came back home. Her eyes were so red and swollen, I thought I was going to cry! I called the vet which was closed then called the emergency vet and asked if there was anything more we could do. There wasn't so we just kept washing her eyes out. After a few hours she was back to normal.
Lesson Learned: I'm going to be one of those moms that freaks out when my child gets a little scratch or paper cut. GREAT!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Carmen. Pepper spray is no joke!
A couple years ago we got a letter from the Post Office about keeping our dog tied or they would not deliver the mail. We never had a dog. Every house around us had a dog but we did not. I called them and they said to ignore it.
Post a Comment