Monday, February 25, 2008

Academy Awards

We had an Oscar watching party last night, well kind of. It was just Dylan and I and another couple but it was fun. I don't think I have ever really sat through a whole awards show before. Here are my thoughts after watching last night.

1. I didn't understand why the performances were so lame and from the same movie (Pretty much). I must not have been listening at the beginning because later when they announced the best song in a movie, the nominees were all the musical performances from the show. Good idea on paper, not so much for entertaining purposes.

2. Jessica Alba is not "Glowing" with her pregnancy. She looks awful. Sorry, but she does.

3. Cate Blanchett, now she GLOWS.

4. John Travolta almost slipped and fell on his way to the podium to present an award, then didn't even poke fun of himself for almost falling when he started talking. Like it never happened! It would have been funny if he just mentioned it or something, like when Jennifer Garner almost fell a few years ago. Make fun of your self a little people!

5. John Travolta looks old. And Scientologists are WEIRD!

6. It lasts entirely too long. I fell asleep before the best actor and movie. Had to read about it on the internet today.

7. Whats up with Gary Busey???

8. Tilda Swinton could have at least put on some mascara. I mean it IS The Oscar's and she WAS nominated. Had The Academy known that she was going to show up the way she did, I doubt they would have handed her that award, at least not on live TV!

9. Petra Nemcova...does she just date anyone famous? I mean Sean Penn is not exactly what I would call HOT these days.

10. John Stewart is NOT funny.

11. Can someone explain to me why Jack Nicholson always wheres sun glasses? I'm sure there's a reason, I just can't figure it out. It really looks ridiculous. Like when you see people in a club at night wearing sun glasses when its REALLY dark??? How can they see anything?

12. I'm VERY happy that they allowed Marketa Irglova back out on stage. When she started talking and the music took over, I just thought that was so unfortunate. She gets an Oscar and then doesn't get her 3 seconds of glory?!?! So that was nice they let her come back out to speak.

13. Regis should probably just retire. He was interviewing George Clooney saying how he owns the red carpet every year and owns it and blah blah blah. George corrected him and said, umm, not actually this is only my second year to be here. Regis said, Oh really? then changed the subject.

14. Thought it was nice for Javier Bardem to speak spanish in his speech so his mom could understand him. Very sweet.

15. Kristin Chenoweth is so cute!

16. Loved Penelope Cruises hair, thinking I may do that for the wedding.

17. Cameron Diaz looked great and even made fun of herself while presenting. That's what I'm talking about. You mess up and just laugh about it.

18. Why was P. Diddy there again???

No comments: