Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tatum's 2!!!

Where do I even begin???

My baby girl is 2!

Where has the time gone?  Our lives have changed in so many ways in the last 2 years.  It's hard to imagine what life was like before her.

GOOOOD MORNING!
We woke Tatum up with balloons in her room.  She was a little confused at first but quickly got VERY excited!

  
She didn't want to go anywhere without them!

After our big birthday wake-up call...it was time to get ready for her party at the Children's Museum.  This was the little birthday girl in her outfit, ready to go!

Tatum and Myla playing at her party...picture was taken by Dylan, I will post more pictures of the party once I get them from the photographer next week.

Tatum and Daddy opening her presents after the party.

Tatum playing with all her toys...She got a drum and doesn't want to put it down.  She will bang the drum sticks together and say, "1,2,3,4" then bang on the drum.  It's cute for now...we'll see how long it lasts.  ;o)
-Tatum can count to 10 and say her ABC's.
-Her newest achievement is spelling her name.  It used to be T-A-T-A, then T-A-T-A-U-M, now she's got it down...T-A-T-U-M.  
-She knows most of her colors...green, blue, purple, pink, orange, yellow, black, and white.  She struggles with red sometimes but I'll let it slide for now.  ;o)
-She recognizes some letters, especially T.
-LOVES the Adele 21 CD and knows the words to just about every song.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing her sing in the back seat and if I turn down the music she says, "hear music mommy, please"  How can I NOT?
-When you ask her how old she is she will tell you 2 and hold up her peace sign.  It took a week or so for her to get the coordination of the 2 fingers but she got it and loves telling everyone when they ask.  She will also tell you she is 2 when you ask, "How are you"  but hey its better than nothing.
-Still in her crib and hasn't yet tried to climb out...thank you Lord!
-Still sleeps from 8pm-8am with a 2 hour nap every day
-Not eating as great as she once did, not a HUGE fan of breakfast, eats a good lunch, and dinner is a little bit of a struggle these days.
-She is still our little dancing queen
-Wants to watch Tangled EVERY day
-Reads books to herself, even though I know she isn't REALLY reading them, she will tell you almost exactly what the page says, she has a GREAT memory for that kind of stuff...just like her Daddy.
-Goes to bed like a champ!  We used to have to rock and rock and rock and then she would cry when we put her down but now we read a book, rock for a minute and she tells us to either leave or that she wants to go lay in her bed.  Makes life so much easier when there isn't a fight every night.
-Unfortunately she has started to get night terrors.  I read about them and heard from friends.  It breaks my little heart to hear her screaming inconsolably from my room.  Dylan or I will go in and rock her for a little while then she goes back to bed
-She can be very challenging at times, not listening, screaming, yelling, throwing fits, and refusing to do things.  It's not often but she is a smart little cookie, she usually does this stuff when I'm carrying Druz in his car seat and we are coming or going somewhere, so she knows I can't come after her quickly, if at all. 
-She calls me Mama a lot now.  Not sure where she got that?
-When she doesn't know the answer to something, she makes up words and then giggles, thinking she is so clever.
She LOVES playing with Daddy, but is a Momma's girl for just about everything else (and I love it, I know one day she will want nothing to do with me so I'm just taking in every minute while I can!).

I'll take the good with the bad any day and love every second of it...or at least ALMOST every second. ;o)

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a cutie! Loved all the fun at her party...she was living life up too.

Ali and Eric said...

Cute! Happy Birthday Tatum.

Katie Justice said...

Love these blogs!! cant believe how fast babies grow up. Looking forward to all the fun you write about:) What a precious little family