Monday, September 05, 2011

Potty Time!

We started potty training on Saturday.

The morning was a little rough and slow going.  I haven't cleaned up that much pee in my entire life, let along one day...BUT she had her first successful potty in the potty at 11:45am and pretty much caught on after that.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with Dylan and I making complete fools of ourselves doing the potty dance and screaming and yelling like we just saw our favorite football team score the game winning touchdown.

That's not to say the rest of the day was perfect, but there were no major accidents and she knew every time that she had to get to the potty FAST! 

We happened to have a showing from 11-12 so we packed up the potty and went to Beth and Keith's since they live close by and we knew we couldn't go far.  They weren't home so we just hung out on their porch, potty and all (yes, we are white trash!).  Luckily the showing didn't last the full hour so got home around 11:30, just in time for her big success!!!

The potty was behind a column so no one could see her.  She would go chase birds and then run back to go potty.  She loves watching the Potty Dance video on the iGo Potty app.  Good Times!

Yesterday she only had 2 accidents and one was a #2, which she was unsure about doing on the potty but got it down later in the day and the second accident was because she fell asleep in her big girl pants and had an accident before she got out of bed after her nap...mommy's fault.

Today she hasn't had any accidents yet so we are making serious progress and I'm happy she is doing so well, yet a little sad that she has grown up so fast!

2 comments:

Bob said...

I thought Texas had inside plumbing, but I guess it hasn't made it to Ft. Worth yet.

Emily said...

Way to go T! You rock!!