Friday, January 20, 2012

The Game On Diet

As I mentioned in my last post, I started a diet.  It's not really a "diet".  I'm calling it a kick start to a healthier life.

Here are the basics...

It lasts four weeks.

Eat 5 meals a day, each meal must include a protein, carb or fruit, a fat, and 2 meals have to include 2 servings of veggies.

Drink 3 liters of water a day

Sleep at least 7 hours

Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes, 6 days a week

You have to think of one bad habit you want to stop doing and one good habit you want to start doing.

You get an extra 100 calories a day of anything you want.

No soda and no alcohol (couple exceptions here)

You get one meal off and one whole day off.

It works on a point system and its one team against another.

You have to communicate with one person from your team and one person from the opposing team at least once a day.

Yesterday was my first perfect day.  I'm having a slight problem with my bad habit...cussing, I know, I know.  I'm trying.

My good habit is reading my bible and I haven't missed that once yet so that is something to be proud of.

You also have a weight loss goal (usually 1% of your starting weight) or a fitness goal and you get points if you make your goal for the week.  I chose to do a fitness goal.  Since I'm training for a 15k, I decided my goal would be to run 1 mile longer every week.  I'm not all that concerned about dropping pounds.  I want to tone and that won't help as far as losing weight, I will probably gain so that's why I chose the running goal. 

Tonight we had spinach/onion/garlic burgers and mashed cauliflower.  I have also had breakfast tacos, and my go-to has been a whole wheat tortilla with avocado, turkey breast, and a piece of turkey bacon...so good!!!

If your competitive and want to lose some weight or meet another fitness goal, you should grab some friends, buy the book, and go for it! 

The winning team gets a gift certificate to lululemon...we better win!!!

No comments: