Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day

The kids and I met Alison and Aslynn at the museum today.

Sometimes I wish I thought about things a little more.

The rodeo is here right now which means the museum/stock yards are CRAZY!  The museum is literally .5 miles from my house (so says my GPS watch when I run there), I guess this is what I get for not walking.  I load up the kids and drive over, the parking is usually $5, but if you are a Museum Member you can get a $2 discount if you are there for less than 90 minutes, which I figured we would be.  Well, when the stock show and rodeo are here the parking is $8 and there is no discount.  They also only take cash.  On a normal day, they will take credit cards.  Guess who waited 20 minutes just to get  into the parking lot with no cash and lives less than a half mile away?  That's right...ME!

At this point I'm beyond annoyed that I didn't walk but Alison was already there so I ran to the bank real quick and got out some cash then went back to a different parking lot with a shorter line so we could just get into the museum before the day ended.

In addition to the parking fiasco, they have the whole entire grounds roped off, usually you just walk into the museum and then show your pass, now you have to show your pass before you even get on the grounds.  During the stock show and rodeo a grounds pass is $10 because there is a midway (carnival rides), petting zoo, and building after building of vendor shopping.  If you are a member you get in free.  At first, I thought this was a great benefit of being a member. Then I realized why they offer this...because it would PISS off all members if they have to pay more money to park and then have to pay another $10 just to get through the doors of the museum.

On top of it all it is MLK Day so the kids are out of school and everyone and there Grandma cane out to see the horses, cows, and pigs.

BUT, once we finally made it inside, we had a blast!  We really LOVE living so close to all this entertainment...I'll be sad when we move.  ;o( 

She played with water guns outside

She spun around like a ballerina

She pet a rabbit and snake

She discovered things through a magnifying glass

And so much more...

No comments: