Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grown Up Decisions

Change is inevitable, I know this. But it doesn't make it any easier.

Dylan and I have decided to build a house in the 'burbs.

We LOVE living in Fort Worth.  There is so much here to do and see and we like seeing ourselves as city people.  BUT...kids make you think differently about things and sometimes you have to make grown up decisions. 

We both loved growing up in a neighborhood where your friends lived on the same street and you went to school with your neighbors, you can't really do that here.

In Fort Worth we could possibly get away with sending the kids to public school in elementary but middle school and high school would most definitely have to be private.  At first, I was ADAMANT that I would never send my kids to private school but I began to warm up to the idea the longer we lived here.

Then came the challenge of finding a house that fit our needs and that we could afford.  We have decided (at this point) to produce an army so there were very few houses we felt would accommodate us for the long haul.

In the end, we decided it was in the best interest of the kiddos to pack 'em up and move north.  We will be a little closer to my mom as well as some friends so it will be fun, just different.

The best part is that we are building a house, at least that is the current plan.  I'm sure what I have built in my head is a mansion that we can't afford but Dylan told me to put in and design anything I wanted and then we would start knocking things out as we go through and work with the builder.  I liked the first part of that idea.  Although I know my dream house I have imagined isn't realistic, it's still fun to dream, right?!?!?!?!

So...on to bigger and better and NEW things for The Harig's. 

1 comment:

Grandma Back said...

I know what you"re going through. I kept some plans of a house I liked but until we got to the point we could use them, the kids were grown etc. and we didn't need that house. I'm not unhappy about it, everything turned out fine. Good luck.