I was happy with my time. I really just set out to run it without having to walk, no time goals because I really had no idea where I would end up. I finished in under 30 minutes which is good for me. I just needed one good run to get my head back int he game. I'm already trying to figure out what days I can run and how I can manage to work it into my schedule again!
I ran with Alison (my running buddy) and it was for Rachels Challenge. I always like running and when its for a great cause, that makes it even more worth while!
After we ran, we high tailed it out of there, not before snapping a picture, of course. The race started at 8 and Tatum had team pictures at 9:20. I left Dylan in charge of getting our crew fed, dressed and ready to go by the time I got home and gave strict instructions that they were to leave no later than 9, even if I wasn't home yet!
The team had another great game, their last game of the season, after the pictures. Tatum scored one goal but the team finished the game 6-0. They don't keep score at this age but really who ISN'T keeping score?! We finished the season undefeated according to the coach. We had a really fun team and all the girls had a blast, which is the point.
Coach had a little trophy ceremony at the end of the game. He said something about each player. He named Tatum the #1 defender and said she was always all over the place. These girls are so fun to watch and the laughs and smiles make giving up Saturday mornings worthwhile.
This was all the girls (except one) with their trophies! Way to go Ultra Violets!
Tatum now has two seasons of soccer under her belt and she is very excited about playing again in the fall. Druz will be old enough to play then too so this should be interesting to see how we juggle sports with two!


No comments:
Post a Comment