*Just a little side note...Justin Timberlake and Pink were in concert thursday night in New Orleans and they were staying at our hotel...no, I didn't see them but some of the others that were with us saw Pink in the work out room on friday morning.
Friday was a full day! We woke up and had breakfast at Cafe Du Monde. We had some delicious
beinets and coffee. After that we walked around a little to decide what we wanted to do next. This was our second time to New Orleans together but we were only there for a night the first time so we decided to get some history in this time. We took a carriage ride through the French Quarters and got
to hear and see some interesting history. After that we caught a street show with some interesting acrobatics. Dylan wanted to rent a scooter but we couldn't find a rental place and no one seemed to know what we were talking about, not even the tourist guides so we grabbed some lunch and then walked around a bit more when we
stumbled upon a scooter rental store. We didn't have much time since we had to be at dinner by 7:30 so we decided to rent 1 scooter and drive around the French Quarters. We saw some pretty neat places... Brad and Angelina's house, Nicholas Cage's house, Francis
Ford Coppola's house, a bar that has been open 24/7 since Katrina and has yet to close, Tennesse Williams flat where he wrote "A Street Car Named Desire", paparatzi (sp?) waiting for Brad and Angelina, and other relavent historical sights. After that experience we
had to head back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We ate at Galatoire's on Bourbon Street. Needless to say we ate some unbelievable food while we were in New Orleans. After dinner we went to a Jazz bar on Bourbon Street and enjoyed some good music.
Saturday morning we had breakfast at Mother's. Then to the airport we went. We got back to Dallas around 3 and had to be at
Dylan's office awards banquet by 6:30. We picked up Carmen then picked up Dylan's tux then head home to get ready. Dylan won RBG (Retirement Benefits Group) Associate of the Year again this year. It's a very important award for him and he really worked hard for it!
I wore a dress that I've had for about 4 years. I wore it to a black tie wedding I went to a few years ago. I was really dreading shopping for a dress so I decided to just have one of the dresses I already had altered. Seeing that I had only worn it once, I figured it would be choice and
I could at lest get one more wear out of the dress. Here are the before and after pics... Although I didn't do the altering myself, I thought I did a pretty good job with the idea/vision that I wanted.
So that was the weekend. Today we are trying to catch up on sleep and cleaning then the work week starts again. It really is nice to get away even for just a few days and be able to spend time together away from the normal everyday life.
1 comment:
I really like the dress. Great idea to shorten it. Sounds like you guys r getting to travel alot lately. Get it out of your systems, so I can have my niece.
Post a Comment