Orlando airport SUCKS! Here are the reasons why:
1. It took over an hour for us to get our baggage.
2. They don't sell gum! I tried to find some gum for Dylan before boarding and the lady told me there is no gum anywhere in the airport. I asked why and she said, "Its just too messy." Someone should stand outside and sell gum for $5 a pack, they would make a KILLING!
We had a really good time at Dad's. It was Dylan's first time there. He already wants to retire and move there. We went to the driving range a couple times, he played golf everyday, we ate a lot, and drank even more. Even I played golf. It was my first real game EVER. We just played a 9 hole course but it was just enough for my first time. I got a Par on one hole and Dad and I beat Barbara and Dylan. I also gave Dylan a Mohawk! Here are some pics from our visit.
On to Disney World we went. Dylan had a 2pm Tee Time (Hasn't he already golfed enough) so we had to book it down. We made it just in time. We pulled up to the Swan and Dolphin Walt Disney World Resort right at 1:15 when the other guys were pulling away, so I snapped my fingers at the Bell Hop, had them take our bags in and Dylan left to go golf in Disney World.

I went to the spa while he was in his class on Thursday then we just hung out by the pool. Friday he skipped his class so we had breakfast at one of the resort restaurants, which was FABULOUS and then to the pool again.



Thursday night was the Awards Dinner. Dylan received his award for DSF of the YEAR! Out of everyone in the entire nation that does what he does (there are thousands) he was #1. (DSF = Developing Sales Force, those in their first 5 years of the business). The entertainment for the night was the group called "All That", they were on America's Got Talent. Its a tap dancing group of 5 guys. They were VERY good.




I really am proud of that kid! He works really hard so he deserves it!
After the dinner we all changed and headed to Downtown Disney, basically just a bunch of bars and clubs for the big kids visiting Mickey. When you walk in you can either get a pass for all 5 clubs or buy a pass for just one club. We got there after midnight and they closed at 1:30 so we decided to just get the 1 club pass. Basically we just had to take a guess as to which club would be the most fun. We somehow ended up at a Gay 70's bar. We took the advise of the girl sweeping up the ground. I'm not sure who made the final ok on that but it WAS NOT me! We made it fun but mutually agreed it was a BAD decision. We also saw the "All That" guys while we were there.


So Friday night we were on our own for dinner. We went to the resorts sushi restaurant called, Kimono's. Again, GREAT food. We were just about to leave and go hang out on The Boardwalk when one of their friends showed up and wanted to have a drink with us. BIG MISTAKE! Dinner started at 7:30pm, we finally left the restaurant at 1:30am. Others began to show up and people were buying bottles of Sake like they were going out of style. THEN there was karaoke. Asians LOVE Karaoke! Seriously. I bet William Hung goes every night! Anyways, Dylan and I have NEVER actually got up on stage and sang, so we figured why the hell not. We got up and sang Free Fallin'. Then before the night was over, I swear we were pros, singing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, and about 5 other songs that I can't remember right now! Needless to say, we had a really good time.
Saturday we decided to finally go to a park since we hadn't done much but hang out at the pool. We bought tickets to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We bought the Fast Pass which allows you to basically cut. When I went last year with my Mom we bought them and they are GREAT, if you have the extra money. They are $55 each and there is a separate line, we didn't wait anymore than 15 minutes and I'm not sure we even waited that long. The regular lines were anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Our flight left around 9, or at least that was when it was scheduled. We took off around 10:30 and walked in the door around 1am. Mom picked us up at the airport with Carmen. Thankfully she watched Carmen the whole week while we were gone so that was a BIG RELIEF!
I'm SO glad we left on Saturday instead of Sunday. Being gone for a whole week then going straight back to work would have been awful!
The weather was PERFECT so Sunday we went to the nursery and got lots of flowers to plant. I planted flowers while Dylan pulled weeds in the front yard. The yard is finally starting to look colorful and weedless!
And now we are getting ready to head to the airport to go BACK to Florida, I know, rough life!
And now we are getting ready to head to the airport to go BACK to Florida, I know, rough life!








No comments:
Post a Comment