Sunday, August 26, 2012

The 98er's put one in the Win column, folks.  What/Who are the 98ers you ask?  A group of us that graduated in 98 decided to start a co-ed softball team and let me tell you this...we may not be as young as we once were but we looked good out there on that field.  You would think we graduated well into the new millennium.  No, Seriously.

Dylan pitched.  I stood out in the outfield doing cartwheels and picking flowers (my Dad will laugh at that).  I didn't really do that but if my Dad ever comes to a game, I will just to remind him of my little league days.

Casey was our star player with his sliding to catch balls and just his all-star playing.

Alison, well, I'm not sure what you would call her.  She was ejected half way through the game for throwing her bat...more than once.  She played great before the unfortunate incident but it definitely provided entertainment if nothing else.

Jana and Brittany played in college and it showed.  They were getting people out left and right.

Even the kids got in on the fun.  We hired a sitter to come sit with the kids at the field while we played.  It was nice to get the kids outside and realize their parents really are aren't as old as they thought.

The rest of the team held their own and everyone contributed to the win, whether it was a catch, a hit, an RBI, etc.  We all had a really good time and I'm already excited about our next game.

 Dylan pitching
Team picture

Our team captain wasn't able to make the first game so somehow I got stuck filling out the paperwork.  I was as confused as I looked.

Our little slider and his wounds.

No comments: