Thursday, September 05, 2013

First Day of Pre-School!

We had meet the teacher on Tuesday and today was our first official day of school.  They were both so excited.  They are going to the same school this year and it's the first time Druz is in a formal pre-k.

I let her pick out her own shoes after we got her hair cut yesterday.  I really thought she would pick a pink pair.  For some reason she went with red.  I'm already regretting letting her make this decision because as we were picking out her clothes last night for her first day, I realized, she has NOTHING with red.  So she picked out this black and white outfit.  I would have returned them and played dumb when they came up mysteriously missing but she wore them out of the store so I nixed that for myself.  Needless to say, I will be doing the shopping solo from now on!  


Druz was a trooper and pretty much said, "See you later Mom", as he walked into class.  Tatum on the other hand, who has rarely ever cried or even noticed when I left the room, decided this was going to be her day to be the baby.  She was crying and kept saying she missed Ms. Tammi, who was her teacher last year.  Ms. Tammi moved so she isn't at the school anymore.  I tried explaining this to Tatum as well as telling her that even IF she were there she teachers 3 year olds and now that she is 4 she gets a new teacher.  She wasn't having it so I just gave her a kiss and hug and told the new teacher, Good Luck!  

I think it's safe to say she wore herself out at school.  We hadn't been in the car for more than 5 minutes.

No comments: