
So I made an appointment for Carmen to visit the puppy doctor. Since Dylan's schedule is a bit more flexible than mine he had to take her. So at 4:15 on monday he shows up at the vet. They run some tests and figure out that she has a staph infection on her belly, parasites in her poop, still has the worms, and some type of skin disorder that she will eventually grow out of but had we not taken her to the vet to get it treated, she would have scratched her skin to the bone (so the vet tells us). She wasn't able to get her second round of puppy shots because the doctor already gave her 2 shots for the worms and the staph infection. I'm glad I made the appointment. We really just thought that the dandruff and the scratching was from flea bites healing but boy were we wrong. We also thought the red rash type marks on her belly were from flea bites too, come to find out it was a staph infection. She now has to take 2 different medicines. One is liquid and she takes it in the morning and at night. The other is a pill that she just takes once a day. Don't ask me what the medicine is for. I asked Dylan and he said he didn't remember. Needless to say, I will be taking her to the vet from now on. I don't like giving my little puppy medicine when I'm not sure what its for. I at least want to be able to tell if its working!!! She was still scratching pretty bad yesterday and the doctor said the scratching should stop in 3 days. So come friday if she is still looking miserable, I think I'll take her back. I just feel so awful since I'm pretty much helpless.
No comments:
Post a Comment