Thursday, December 22, 2005

Vet Visit

Poor little Carmen had a Dr. Appointment today. Dylan took her the first time and came back with some meds which he had no idea what they were for, so, I decided I would go this time so I knew what was going on. Our appointment was at 8am and we of course were late. Dylan took Carmen out when he woke up, for her early morning duties, then he put some of them in a bag to bring to the vet, well he says I was rushing him so he forgot them. I'm curious as to exactly where he forgot them, but hey its his house so not my problem. Anyways, back to the vet. As we walk into the examining room, there are 2 needles sitting on the exam table. I was scared so I can only imagine what my poor puppy was thinking. She was shaking like crazy and you could tell she just wanted out. The nurse comes in takes her temp, which was gross but I guess I have to get used to that stuff, what got me is that Carmen didn't even cringe when they put the thermometer where the sun don't shine, anyways her temp was fine so we moved on. I told the nurse how she has been doing and what I thought needed to be check. She leaves and then the doctor comes in, checks her out, and then decides that he will take her in another room for her shots, this way she won't get mad at us, and we won't get mad at the doctor. One shot was for her last dose of worm-b-gone and the other 2 were just normal puppy shots. We could hear her yelping, it was awful. She also got a pill for the worms and Dylan wanted her nails cut cause they were getting pretty long. They bring her back in and Dylan is holding her then realizes she is bleeding, the damn nurse cut my little baby when clipping her nails!!! No wonder she was welping! Anyways, they put some kind of powder on her nail to make it feel better. Dylan wasn't happy when he noticed the blood on his suit shirt. Then of course he is like, "can you get this out", "will this stain forever?" Hello??? Who cares about you? Carmen is bleeding, had 3 shots and probed in the butt! How selfish men can be! Anyways, we pay (Dylan pays) he wanted the dog he can pay for her...(For details please see blog from November 24 and 25).

I asked Dylan if he wanted to go to Colorado to see my college roomate (she lives there.) He says, "Gosh it sounds like a great idea but we can't. We need to save to buy a house." Well, I see his point, however, I did bring to his attention that he knew in November that we needed to save for a house but yet decided to bring a dog home against my wishes. So what does he do, argue with me about how the dog doesn't cost that much. I proceeded to tell him (in a calm manner, of course) that we have had the dog for 2 months and spent over $200 (That's one plane ticket right there.) And this was prior to our appointment this morning. Me, being the math minded person says, that makes about $1200 a year that we could have spent on a vacation. He decides to correct me and tell me that we have only had Carmen for 1 month. I wasn't going to say anything but whos side was he on??? Mine or his? His arguement was only backing me up, not him... Anyways, that just upped the vacation fund to $2400. So in all, after today's visit we have spent well over $300 on Carmen, who I love, but correct me if I'm wrong...that is a plane ticket and a half to Colorado or a start on saving for a home, right??? I know we need to sacrifice but come on. I think what he really meant was, "You need to make the sacrifices so I can do what I want."


To make my point...I called him this afternoon and heard some friends in the background, as soon as he picks up he blurts out, my appointments were canceled today. (He only had 2 but they were later in the day) I was like, "Really? Both of them?" He says, "Well, one canceled so I just canceled the other one, I won't get the commision till next month anyways." (Does that sound like a typical salesman or what???) Well, guess where he was going instead of making the appointment that would have helped make money for this house he keeps talking about...golfing, thats right folks, he was golfing. I mean sacrifices??? Does he know what he's talking about??? Needless to say, I WILL be going to Colorado with or with out the dog wanting golfer!

No comments: