
Let me tell you a little something about Texas weather... You just never know whats going to happen. Its VERY unpredictable.
Saturday it was in the high 80's and even hit 90 in a few places. Today, however, only 4 days later, its snowing. Yes, thats right it is snowing in Texas. We usually don't get snow here. Maybe only once or twice a year in January or February but today God decided he just couldn't hold it any longer.
When I got in my car this morning I noticed water on my windshield. I didn't think it was supposed to rain till tonight, well wrong I was. I turned my windshield wipers on to get the water off my windshield so I could see and guess what, it wouldn't move. The damn thing was frozen, rock solid. I had to sit in my car with the heater on defrost and wait for the ice to unthaw enough so I can see out of my windows. And as most of us know, at least those that have lived in the cold, our cars don't just throw out hot air, it takes about 5 minutes or so for it to even get slightly warm enough to do any damage to the ice.
Some people were allowed to leave work but was I, HELL NO! I got to stay here and work while everyone else is in the comfort of their own homes. I seriously think that even if there was a bomb threat here in the building they would still expect us to work.
Well, I only have a few more hours left in my day and then I'm heading home to drive on the roads with all the other crazies that are freaking out and slamming on their breaks because its icing outside. Don't they know that the LAST thing they should do it slam on their breaks??? Oh well, wish me luck ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment