Sunday, March 05, 2006

Risin' from the Dead

Well folks, I'm alive, barely. I have had quite a rough week. I went to work like every other day on monday and tuesday, then tuesday night as I lay my little head down to sleep, I got sick and didn't recover till sometime around friday afternoon. I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever been that sick before, at least that I can remember, although being sick isn't something I would like to remember...Anyways, Dylan made dinner tuesday night (I think he did it on purpose... 1. to poison me and 2. so that I will NEVER again eat his cooking forcing me to cook for the rest of our lives.) Nachos and quesadillas are not very tasty the second time around. I ate and drank absolutely nothing for 2 whole days, I chewed a piece of gum wednesday afternoon between sleeping and through that up too. (Not the gum but the taste that comes with it.) I won't be anymore graphic but just know that I was strapped to the bed for over 72 hours. Getting up to let the dog out was a HUGE task. I would have to run to the door open it, let her out, run back to the bathroom throw up, then go try to find her outside. Thank goodness she is a good dog and doesn't stray because if she did I have to say, I would NOT have gone to look for her under the circumstances.

So friday I was able to sit up in bed and eat a piece of toast. I was afraid to drink too much liquid so I'm dehydrated like you wouldn't believe. I'm feeling better as the days go on, just trying to slowly gain more energy. I think I have officially deleted nachos and quesadillas off my lifetime menu. That could cause an issue since I live in Texas but if it means I never have to feel like I did this week, I'd do it in a heart beat!

Two good things that came out of all this. 1. I watched 4 movies... Elisabethtown, Domino, Walk the Line, and Hustle and Flow 2. I probably lost at least a pound or two. (Daytime TV sucks!)

Two things I learned this week. 1. Dylan is worthless in times of sickness. 2. Carmen is the BEST companion a person can have. She snuggled in bed with me all week!

1 comment:

Bob said...

That's one way to lose weight. I'm glad your feeling better.