Dad made it to town. We all piled in Vicki's car and picked him up. The idea was to have signs when he got off the plane but I figured Vicki would be late (she usually is) so we wouldn't be there in time to meet him inside the terminal and then the signs would be pointless. Well, I was wrong. We were there in plenty of time with no signs, but 4 kids and 3 adults. We waited for him to get off the plane in the baggage area and of course the kids had to run around acting like heathens. Dylan didn't help since he was the official whistle blower and judge on who won. Dad makes it out but after about 10 people get their luggage the baggage turnstile stops. They said that was the end of the baggage and anyone who didn't get theirs would have to fill out a claim form. So Dad started to fill out the form when they said, there was in fact more luggage, but it was jammed so they had to get building maintenance to fix it. We decided the kids running around the airport wasn't such a great idea so we changed the game to Simon Says. After about 30 minutes of Simon Says, the bags finally started coming out. We got his small
duffle bag and left. Next time he should just carry on.
I was planning to take a half day today but when I mentioned that to Dad he asked, "why?" Well, because you are in town..hello??? Later I find out that he has lunch plans, dinner plans AND was trying to get
a hold of one other person to entertain him in between lunch and dinner. So much for hanging out with HIM! So as he dropped me off at work this morning he asked what time I get off. I told him 4:30 and he said that if he had time he would be back to pick me up. Isn't that sweet. So much for missing that guy!

On a brighter note. The weather is going to be great this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment