Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A little bit of everything

We won our softball game on monday. It was fun. Usually I can't hit for crap (so I just wait till they walk me) and I play ok in the field (only because I'm in right field and nothing ever gets hit over there...thanks goodness) Well, we played a team with a few left hitters and the ones that hit right had quite a hook. Needless to say, I didn't play so hot in the field. Most of the balls landed right in between me and the right center fielder, so I just let him have them. Its really hard to see where the ball is coming cause the bright lights are in your face and the sky is pitch black so my depth perception just doesn't work as well as I would hope. (Yes, I'm just making excuses). I got a hit but once I got to third, we had our 3rd out, very disappointing. One of our players was nailed on the back of the head with a ball. The other team was trying to throw her out at third, but I guess they thought her head was a better target. Needless to say, she made it to third, but has a knot to show for it.

Alison got back in town so now I have someone to play with again. I have lots of plans for the week/weekend starting tomorrow. An old friend is also in from out of town so I'll be hanging out in Dallas most of the time.

I went on a run (more like a walk) yesterday. I started strong, but I guess I overestimated my powers. I thought it would be a piece of cake. I had lots of energy and was ready to go. I started running, then decided that walking would probably be best. I haven't run in over 2 years so I just need to pace myself. I would run then walk then run then walk. I did this for about 6 miles. I'm not too sore today so I feel like I didn't get in a good enough workout. I also did some push-ups and sit-ups and a few weights for my shoulders. I'm getting ready for the summer. So while I was walking I found this great little park, its new and in an area that I hadn't been to in a while. They have hike and bike trails. Thats the plan for today, I'm going to change it up and ride my bike to the park then ride the trails. We'll see how long this lasts.

No comments: